Skip to main content

And all our yesterdays have lighted fools The way to dusty death.

 



“Every moment of our life belongs to the present only for a moment; then it belongs for ever to the past.”

― Arthur Schopenhauer, On the Suffering of the World

Popular posts from this blog

The long ride...

Today I made a 19 mile mountain bike ride. This ride came in sloppy, muddy, sandy soil making the distance seem so much farther. I had hoped to make a 20 mile ride before heading down to Florida. It would be my graduation. I guess I am ready for the Safari.

240

All those PEANUT BUTTER sandwiches and pop-tarts have taken the toll. I am up to 240 lbs. Now the need for a diet is critical. I had success eating low calorie density foods when I lost weight 2 years ago. I am at that crossroad again. I have to get somewhere and do some meditation to get my mind set to do the weight loss I need. I wish I were off in the mornings again so I could do the morning hikes up the mountain. I'll have to make some adaptation to get it done.

Nice

  “Nice” is Not a Compliment THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN NICE AND KIND. BY NATASHA DELION One of the worst things you can call someone is nice. Being called nice either means you are boring or fake. In my experience, most people I’ve encountered that were described as nice turned out to be the latter, yet each time I was still surprised. I used to believe that it was a good thing when the general consensus for someone was that they were nice, but as I’ve continued to interact with many people like this, I’ve learned that it’s very much a hidden red flag. I wanted to believe that a nice person was on their way to being a kind person. I wanted to believe that everyone was trying to be better to themselves and to others, but I was too optimistic. Niceness can be disguised as kindness which causes difficulty when differentiating between the two. I’ve mistaken someone’s niceness as kindness many times and each time I still felt betrayal when I came to the realization. I’ve learned to fo